Exercise Calorie Calculators!
This one allows you to put in the activity you did and tells you about how many calories you burned!
And this one asks for how long you’d like to exercise and gives you how many calories you could burn for each activity!
- Go for a moderate bike ride: 64 minutes burns 504 calories.
- Tennis anyone? Burn 503 calories in 73 minutes.
- Take a canoe ride along a lake or river: two hours and 25 minutes burns 500 calories.
- Play a round of golf: after about an hour and a half, you’ll burn 504 calories. Just be sure to carry your clubs.
- If it’s raining, head inside for a Zumba class: an hour and 13 minutes burns 503 calories.
- Go climbing: rock climbing for an hour and four minutes burns 504 calories.
- Head out for a hike: you’ll end up burning 502 calories in an hour and 25 minutes.
- Grab a jump rope: you’ll have burned a whopping 502 calories after skipping around for just 51 minutes.
Keep reading to hear more ideas for 500-calorie workouts.
- Cut the grass: if you have a big yard, pushing a lawn mower for about an hour and a half burns 504 calories.
- Take a long, brisk walk: at a 15-minute per mile pace, you can burn 500 calories in two hours and seven minutes.
- Combine hiking with cycling and go mountain biking: in just one hour you’ll burn502 calories.
- Swim some laps: just over an hour of swimming at a moderate speed burns 504 calories.
- Hit the ground running: burn 502 calories on a 51-minute run at a 10-minute per mile pace.
- Hop on your surfboard: after an hour and 50 minutes, you’ll have burned 502 calories.
Q:Hi! I'm a guy, and I'm looking to lose some weight. I don't really care much about gaining muscle or getting toned, my main goal is to slim down. I don't exactly want it to be known I'm trying though, and I have no workout equipment. What are the best exercises I can do, and how much of them would you recommend?
Hi, anon! Thank you for your question! Burning more calories than you are taking in is the key to weight loss. Exercise and proper diet go together!
Aerobic exercise is great for beginner weight loss (running, walking, cycling, etc), but those activities aren’t easily concealed if you’re trying to keep your weight loss on the DL. Here is a link to show you how many calories you could burn while doing them, though! http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/in-depth/exercise/art-20050999
I will also reblog some old posts about how many calories you’ve burned per workout.
There are plenty of exercises that you can do at home without equipment! I will go through and add a new tag for ones that you can do on your own without going to the gym, so be on the lookout for that in the sidebar :) YouTube also has a lot of great workouts! Here is an example of a 25 minute workout without any gym equipment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T-u4gib3Dk
The Department of Health and Human Services recommends that adults exercise at least 30 minutes a day, so start there and work your way up. Also, don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results as quickly as you’d like. It is considered safe to only lose a few pounds a week.
I hope this has helped. Good luck!
Q:So glad I found your blog! Two years ago I suffered from a major knee injury from playing soccer, finally able to get back on track in fitness, thanks for taking your time to make this blog:)
You’re welcome!! I need to update it more frequently. I don’t dedicate much time to it anymore :( I’m so happy you find it useful, though! Best of luck in recovering from your injury and getting back in shape! :)